March 18, 2012

Yarn Science

So, I've been thinking a lot recently about trying to dye my own yarn. I have stumbled upon quite a few sites that describe how to do it with both Kool-Aid and yarn dye. I'm thinking of purchasing some dye and dyeable yarn from Knit Picks (which is a super awesome store).
It looks like dying your own yarn involves soaking, boiling, mixing, and stirring. Basically, chemistry in your kitchen with yarn! Sounds pretty awesome to me!

Though, as much as I want to do this, I really don't need any more yarn at the moment. I have run out of storage space for all of my yarn, and have resorted to putting some of it under the couch. I figure I should probably try and use some of that up before running out and purchasing more just for fun.

But soon, soon I will experiment!

Also, I totally want this sampler from Knit Picks because OMG COLORS! But the same storage/use issues apply. Also it's over 300 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment