April 1, 2013

Double Knit Adventures

I've done some double knitting in the past, but never really made an actual project out of it.  Mostly just little patches for fun.  I decided it was time to embark on a larger double knitting adventure! So I made a hat.




One thing I learned on this project that I didn't really learn on my smaller double knitting experiments is that double knitting takes twice as long.  Who would have guessed? :P  Also, I was knitting in the round orange side out, and you can tell the orange side looks a little better than the blue.  I need to work on that.  I think what happens is that I don't pull as tightly or as consistently when I purl, so the blue side looks a bit lumpy and uneven.  But it looks fine when it's on a head, so that's good.

Made another double knit hat, this one portal themed!  I had this idea since I first started experimenting with double knitting and I am glad I finally got around to it.  I also have a good idea for a double knit Super Meat Boy/Bandage Girl scarf.  That will probably happen sometime.




I plan on selling both of these at Anime Detour in Minneapolis later this month.  Speaking of which, I need to get knitting!  There is so much to do!

3 comments:

  1. do you have a pattern for the doubleknit hat? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the orange and blue one. i do love the cake one too but im more interested in making the checkered hat. thanks!

      Delete