September 11, 2010

How I learned to craft

Hi, My name is Lizzard and this is where I will be posting all the things that I make.
I knit and crochet and have even been known to do some sewing.
My Aunt Celeste taught me to knit about 7 years ago and I have been knitting since. My first creation was just a regular old black scarf. It's terrible. I dropped stitches everywhere, and since at the time I didn't know that this was bad, I just made new stitches and continued. As you can probably imagine, it was no the best scarf ever. There were holes everywhere and it ended up unraveling to the point of no return. Fortunately, my knitting skills have much improved! I have made much better scarfs as well as hats, mittens, toys, and cardigans.
As for crocheting, I like to say that the internet taught me. It all started out when I found a crochet pattern for a magnetic katamari, and I thought: "I have to make this!". And so I searched the internet for tutorials and "how to"s until I learned the secret of crocheting. For being a slightly more ambitious first project, I think it turned out quite well.


And thus ends the story of how I learned to craft many a thing with needles, hooks, and yarn!
I will be posting mostly things that I have made using patterns found online or in books, but I will also be posting some things that I have come up with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment