March 8, 2013

Calcifer

Hello again!

I don't know about you but I am a huge Hayao Miyazaki fan.  It is my goal to eventually own all of the movies he has made.  So far my collection is small, but includes my favorite (My Neighbor Totoro) and a few others.  Among these is Howl's Moving Castle.  By far my favorite character in this movie is the fire demon Calcifer.  He's just got a loveable spunk!  So I decided to knit up a Calcifer of my own.


Calcifer is made of fire and I wanted to get the colors right, so I decided to hand dye some yarn for this project.  I initially dyed the yarn yellow and then made a gradient with some red.  The result is quite flame like.  Next, I just knit him up, added some facial features, and BAM!  Cute little fire demon!




In other news, I was recently interviewed about my Finn the Human pattern! Check out the interview here!

No comments:

Post a Comment