November 14, 2010

Catan Afghan

I made this afghan (my first afghan) for my boyfriend for his birthday last April. It is a modified version of this pattern, I just ended up adding a few more rows onto each hexagon. It turned out really well! I used Lion Brand Homespun yarn, which I like quite a lot. It has a nice feel and a nice weight.


This isn't a very good picture but it's currently the only one I have (it was taken about 20 min after completion) . It turned out to be the perfect lap blanket size. I had a lot of fun making this, though I was quite tired of making hexagons toward the end. But the finished product was worth and and so was my boyfriends reaction. (It took him a bit to figure out it was a Catan board but when he did his face was priceless!)

More recent news: I have been very busy with school work and so only just finished a pair of mittens that I had started quite a few weeks ago. They turned out quite well and I will hopefully be posting a picture of them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment